Almond Oat Pumpkin Cookies
Nutritious, moist, dense, and delicious, these cookies are sure to be a hit as a treat in a lunch, after school/work snack, and even as a breakfast on-the-go.
- 1. Process oats and then almonds with food processor.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 3. In a medium bowl, gently whisk together oats, oat flour, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- 4. In another medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, honey, pumpkin, banana, egg whites, and vanilla until combined.
- 5. Combine dry ingredients into wet, stir in chocolate chips.
- 6. Scoop batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- 7. Bake for 10 minutes. Half-way through, flatten cookies with top of spoon and continue to bake until cookies are a soft, golden color.
- 8. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack.