Baked Linguine with Meat Sauce
July 29, 2019
1 min read
A version of spaghetti and meat sauce that is very similar to a casserole. A layer of sour cream and cheese between the meat sauce and pasta makes this dish rich, creamy and hard to resist! *recipe from Southern Living Magazine
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 oz uncooked linguine
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook beef and garlic in a Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; simmer 30 minutes. Set mixture aside.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place pasta in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3. Stir together sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions. Spread over pasta. Top with meat sauce.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with a salad and bread, if desired.
- 5. NOTE: To lighten dish, use no-salt-added tomato products, light sour cream, light cream cheese, and reduced-fat Cheddr cheese.