A classic Mexican breakfast with quartered tortillas and delicious egg.
- 1 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 1/2 tsp Tex Mex spice blend, divided
- 8 small corn tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup Durkee Minced Onion
- 3/4 tsp Durkee Minced Garlic
- 1 finely chopped jalepeno pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped, canned chipotle chilies in Adobo
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Durkee Cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. STIR 2 tsp. oil with ½ tsp. Tex Mex Spice Blend. TOSS tortilla wedges with oil mixture and bake in a single layer on a large baking sheet in preheated 400ºF oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until crispy. REMOVE from oven and set aside at room temperature.
- 2. HEAT remaining oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. COOK onion, garlic, jalapeno and salt for 5 minutes, stirring often, or until softened. STIR in chipotles and remaining Tex Mex spice blend for 1 minute or until combined. ADD tomatoes; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. (Prepare eggs during the last 5 to 10 minutes of simmering time.)
- 3. For Sunny-Side Up, Over-Easy or Over-Hard Eggs: HEAT butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just melted. BREAK eggs and slip into skillet 1 at a time. Immediately reduce heat to low.
- 4. COOK eggs about 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. SERVE as is or flip eggs carefully with turner and cook second side to desired doneness. SPRINKLE eggs lightly with salt and pepper if desired.
- 5. STIR reserved tortilla wedges into warm tomato sauce and divide evenly over 4 dinner plates. TOP each tortilla with 1 fried egg and equal amounts of feta and cilantro. Serve immediately.