A variation of Madeira cake (similar to pound cake) that is light and flaky. This cake is just sweet enough to be a perfect treat with an afternoon cup of tea or an on-the-go snack.
- 12 tbsp butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp ground almonds (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2. Grease and line 7 inch cake pan with parchment paper
- 3. Cream butter and sugar together until very soft and light. Beat eggs and gradually add into creamed butter mixture, beating constantly.
- 4. Sift flour and baking powder together; add caraway and almonds (if using).
- 5. Add gradually into creamed mixture, beating constantly
- 6. Pour mixture into pan
- 7. Sprinkle a little caraway seeds on top
- 8. Bake 50-60 minutes
- 9. Flip out of baking pan, remove paper, allow to cool on a wire rack