Muffin-Pan Spinach Lasagna
Easy and quick? Yep! This muffin pan meal is a perfect dinner for the work week chaos! Individual portions make this meal easily customizable too! Photo credit: Maria Siriano. Recipe found at www.thekitchn.com
- Cooking Spray
- 12 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Tone's Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. Coat the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add the lasagna noodles and cook according to package instructions, taking 2 minutes off the cook time to keep the noodles al dente. Drain.
- 3. Meanwhile, stir together the spinach, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 4. Cut all of the lasagna noodles in half crosswise. Set half of these pieces aside — these will line the bottom of the cups. Cut the remaining noodles in half crosswise again, so they are a quarter of the original size — these will be the lasagna layers.
- 5. Spread 1 teaspoon of sauce in the bottom of each muffin cup. Place 1 of the larger, half-size noodles in each of the muffin cups and press into the cups. Layer each with 1 tablespoon of the spinach-and-cheese filling and 1 teaspoon of marinara, followed by a smaller, quarter-size noodle. Repeat for a second layer of filling, marinara, and noodle. Top the final layer of pasta with 1 teaspoon of sauce and a sprinkle of the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 6. Cover the muffin tin with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is bubbling, about 3 minutes more. Let the lasagna cool and set for 5 minutes before serving.