No Chill Almond Sugar Cookies
July 30, 2019
1 min read
Quick and easy almond flavored sugar cookies that are sure to make the family say "Mmmm".
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- Choice of toppings
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F
- 2. In a bowl of an electric mixer, add room-temperature butter and sugar. Beat for about five minutes until fluffy and light in color. Add in egg and almond extract, and mix until combined.
- 3. In a medium-sized bowl, add all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together until airy and mixed together.
- 4. With the mixer on low, gently add the flour until it is all incorporated. Make sure to scrape down the sides and bottom.
- 5. Once the dough is together, lay it out onto a lightly floured surface. If the dough is a little crumbly, simply knead together with your hands until it is formed.
- 6. Lightly flour a rolling pin and roll out the dough. If it's too sticky, simply add a little flour to firm it up. Roll out dough until it's about 1/4-inch thick, and then dip cookie cutter in flour and cut out shapes.
- 7. Spray a large cookie sheet or sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray, and gently lay out cookies on sheet pan, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- 8. Bake for about eight minutes until lightly browned, and let cool completely before you start decorating.
- 9. To decorate, simply spread frosting onto the cookies and decorate with desired sprinkles, candies, etc.