An oven baked take on traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu. Durkee Style.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 tsp Durkee Famous Sauce
- 4 tsp Spice Islands Chives
- 4 very thin slices lean cooked ham (about 3/4 oz each)
- 4 very thin slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese (about 3/4 oz each)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup finely crushed corn flakes or bran flakes cerea
- 1/4 tsp Spice Islands Paprika
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 2. Spread each chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon Durkee Famous Sauce; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon chives. Cut ham and cheese slices to fit chicken. Top each chicken breast with ham and cheese slice. Roll up, tucking ends inside.
- 3. In shallow bowl, combine egg white and water; beat slightly. Place cereal crumbs in shallow dish. Coat chicken rolls with egg white mixture; roll in crumbs. Place in baking dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- 4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.