Who says BLT's are just for dinner? Topped with a poached or fried egg, this BLT is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
- 1. Crack egg into a small cup and gently slide egg into simmering water. Stir gently to help egg white retain its shape. Simmer 3 minutes until whites are cooked through. Remove egg with slotted spoon; drain as much water as possible. Place poached egg on each sandwich and sprinkle with black pepper and salt to taste. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- 2. Mix mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powders in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- 3. Place toasted bread slices on plates or serving platter. Spread each slice with herbed mayonnaise. Top with slices of bacon, romaine, tomatoes and avocado.
- 4. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip eggs and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes for desired egg doneness. Remove eggs and place one on each BLT sandwich.
- 5. Salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.