A tasty change from the normal French Toast Breakfast. This recipe brings together tasty bread, cream cheese, jam and almond extract for a flavor profile that'll have you screaming for breakfast for every meal. Experiment with this recipe and add your own filling for a fully customizable breakfast.
- 8 slices oatnut bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Spice Islands Almond Extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1. Spread 4 slices oatnut bread on one side with cream cheese. Spread remaining 4 slices on one side with raspberry jam. Press cream cheese slices together with jam slices, forming sandwiches.
- 2. In a medium, shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and almond extract.
- 3. Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat. Dip sandwiches in the egg mixture to coat. Place in the skillet, and cook on both sides until golden brown.